Mission, Vision & History

CAMPBELL SCHOOL’S HISTORY

The Elwyn G. Campbell Elementary School was built in 1957, to meet the needs of the growing north end community in New Bedford. The school was named for Elwyn G. Campbell, a veteran New Bedford Public Schools teacher and administrator.

Mission Statement:

We are committed to developing a community of learners who are academically proficient, demonstrate strong character and exhibit self-confidence.

Vision Statement:

It is the vision of the Campbell Elementary School that a safe educational climate will exist where perversity and individuality are celebrated and respected; and where all members of the professional learning community and families accept the challenge of assuring that each student reaches academic success.

We are:

• A school where students feel safe and accepted
• A school that provides open communication between parents, staff, and students
• A school that acknowledges and celebrates the achievements of students and staff learning and leadership.